Mefglobalforum.org – Enabling dark mode on iPhone is crucial, especially for those who frequently check their phone in low light conditions. While the high-resolution displays on newer iPhone models, such as the iPhone 14 Pro, are great in bright environments, they can be harsh on the eyes in the dark and lead to eye strain.
Reducing the brightness on your iPhone can alleviate the strain on your eyes caused by bright screens, but a white theme can still be too intense in low light conditions. Enabling dark mode on iPhone is a better solution as it changes the theme to primarily dark, reducing the effects of bright, white, and blue light, making it more comfortable to use in low light settings.
As someone who is prone to headaches, enabling dark mode on my iPhone is a must, especially when I’ll be using it for extended periods. Fortunately, it is easy to do and in this guide, we will walk you through the process. Additionally, iPhones have the capability to automatically switch between dark and light mode based on the time of day, we will also show you how to enable this feature.
Without further ado, here’s how to enable dark mode on iPhone.
How to enable dark mode on iPhone
- Open the settings app and then tap Display and Brightness
- Tap the Dark check box underneath the Appearance section. To go back at a later point, you can simply tap the Light check box.
How to set dark mode automatically on iPhone
- On the Display and Brightness menu, toggle the automatic slider to on (green) and then tap options.
- The default setting for automatic switching between dark and light mode on an iPhone is based on sunset and sunrise, with the phone transitioning to dark mode in the evening and light mode in the morning. If you wish to change this schedule, you can tap on “Custom Schedule” in the settings.
- Tap the time boxes to select when you would like to have light and dark modes enabled.
Enabling dark mode on your iPhone is simple and straightforward. Once activated, it will reduce the strain on your eyes when using your phone in low light conditions. While some people may prefer to use dark mode all the time, it is most effective in darker environments.
We have a variety of tutorials available for Apple related topics. If you have a new iPhone, we can guide you on how to safely transfer data from your old iPhone. If your iPhone or Mac is running slow, we can show you how to clear the RAM and cache to improve performance. If you need to delete multiple contacts, we can assist you with that. And if you want to capture your mobile gaming moments, we can show you how to screen record on iPhone.