Mefglobalforum.org – The iPhone has a user-friendly interface with complementary background and text colors. The text color stays constant throughout the interface whether you prefer the light UI by default or have turned on dark mode. On the other hand, you can choose the font color on your iPhone for both the iOS operating system and particular apps. In this post, we’ll show you how to change the font color on your iPhone generally or just in a selected app.
Table of Contents
How to Change Text Color on iPhone
Using the invert colors feature on your iPhone is a simple way to change the text color of the user interface. The traditional invert option on your iPhone will flip all colors, including text.
To Invert colors on iPhone, use these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Accessibility > Display & Text Size.
- Toggle the Classic or Smart Invert setting on or off.
It’s worth noting that both options will turn the text from white to black, as shown in the example below. Remember that it also inverts all of the colors on your screen. Users who have difficulty viewing the default color schemes or who want a new look can benefit from the Invert option. You can also create an accessibility shortcut to easily toggle it on and off.
How to Change Text Color in iPhone Apps
In addition to changing the color of text throughout the user interface, you can also change the color of text within specific iPhone apps. The method may differ depending on the app, so check the app’s settings before proceeding. For example, in word processing apps like Pages or Microsoft Word, you can change the color of the text.
To change text color in Pages on iPhone:
- Launch the Pages app on your iPhone, and create and open a new or existing document.
- Ensure you are in Edit Mode by tapping the Edit button at the top.
- Highlight a piece of text you want to change the color of and tap the paintbrush icon.
- When the Text box comes up, tap the Text Color option from the menu.
- Choose the color you want to use for the selected text.
- The text you selected will change its color to the one you chose.
After you’ve mastered the fundamentals of changing the text color of your Pages documents, you can delve deeper into the text color options to tailor them to your exact preferences.
How to Change iMessage Color on iPhone
You may alter the color of iMessage on your iPhone if you want to add some excitement to your text messages. Use the iMessage app’s “Color Text Bubbles” function to accomplish this. With this function, you can change the chat bubbles’ color as well as the font’s color, size, and style.
The iMessage app can be downloaded for free and offers additional customization options for purchase within the app.
How to Change Text Color in Mail App on iPhone
When you are writing your messages in your mail apps, changing the font color is easy. For instance, changing the font color can help you to draw attention to key sections of your email.
To change email text color on iPhone:
- Open the Mail app and compose a new message.
- Highlight the text you want to change the color of and tap the format button (Aa) from the options bar.
- When the Format options appear, tap the color palette icon.
- Choose the color you want to use from the palette, and the highlighted text will change.
- Close out the text formatting menus and if everything looks good, send your message off.
How to Change Subtitle Text Color on an iPhone
When watching videos with subtitles, you can change the font color using the accessibility options.
To change subtitle text color on iPhone:
- Open Settings.
- Swipe down the menu and select the Accessibility option.
- Scroll down to the Hearing section and tap Subtitles & Captioning.
- Tap Style on the Subtitles & Captioning section.
- Tap Create New Style at the bottom of the list.
- Now you can choose different font styles, sizes, colors, background opacity, and more. Tap the Color option under the Text section to change it.
- Choose the color you want to use from the list for the subtitle color.
There are many opportunities to experiment with how subtitles appear in this area because there are numerous parameters that may be changed. Enjoy yourself and customize the subtitles to your preferences.
How to Change the Text Color on the iPhone Lock Screen
On an iPhone, the lock screen offers an additional chance to alter text color. There are additional choices for customizing the lock screen now that widgets have been made available for the iPhone.
To change the text color on the lock screen:
- Tap and hold the Lock Screen until the Customize button appears.
- Next, tap the Customize button and choose the Lock Screen option.
- Tap the clock or other widget on your iPhone, and the Font & Color menu will appear. Choose the color you want to change the text on your lock screen.
- For more color options, swipe the color options to the left and choose the palette icon. Select the color to which you want to change the text—you can view how it will look in real-time.
- Once you decide on a color for your text, tap the Done button at the top right corner of the screen.
Customizing Your iPhone
On an iPhone, you may alter text color in a variety of ways, both within the operating system and in specific apps, to get the desired appearance. More customization possibilities are becoming accessible as iOS develops further. If iOS does not offer a certain customization option, you may typically locate an app that can satisfy your requirements. You can install custom fonts on your iPhone to add new fonts. Not only can you change the text color, but you can also remove the search bar from the home screen, replace the wallpaper on both the home and lock screens, add a backdrop to the Safari browser, return the search bar back to the top, and use Safari reader view automatically on iOS or macOS.